Scroll down to see the latest update on Turkey visa requirements for Ugandan citizens
Turkey, officially known as the Republic of Turkey, is a cross-country republic located largely on the Anatolian Peninsula in Western Asia, with a smaller portion on the Balkan Peninsula in Southeastern Europe.
Turkey has a distinct culture that combines elements of Turkic, Anatolian, and Western culture and norms, which began with the Westernization of the Ottoman Empire and continues to this day.
If Ugandans want to visit Turkey, the first thing they should do is obtain a visa. GIS will help you understand the Turkey visa for Ugandans citizens in this post.
1. Check Turkey visa requirements for Ugandan citizens
Uganda is not on the list of exempt countries for Turkey visas, hence a Turkey visa is necessary.
The Turkish government created a simple and rapid travel permission method for visitors to the country: the Turkey e-Visa. This electronic travel permit is accessible for nationals of 95 countries, including Ugandans.
The Turkey e-Visa was created to boost tourism by streamlining the visa application procedure, which means Ugandan nationals do not need to visit a consulate or embassy in person to receive a travel permit.
The type of Turkey e-visa for Ugandan citizens is a short visa. Ugandans who hold a Turkey visa can stay in the country for up to 30 days with a single entry.
In case, Ugandan citizens have other purposes of entry or want to stay longer than 30 days, they can apply for a visa in the traditional way by applying for a visa at the Turkish embassy in Uganda or overseas.
2. How to apply for Turkey visa from Uganda
The Turkish government has implemented a web-based visa application system. The e-Visa is a government-issued electronic authorization to enter Turkey. It is the equivalent of a visa, however, there is no stamp or label in the passport.
Way to submit the Turkey tourist visa for Ugandan citizens
Now, Uganda candidates can apply for Turkey e-Visas from Uganda or anywhere easily, only need the device's internet connection.
Apply now and fill out our purchase form with your basic travel and personal information. We'll handle the rest, keeping you updated on the status of your order through email.
Following only 04 simple steps below:
- Step 1: Complete the online secure application form.
- Step 2: Pay for your visa application online.
- Step 3: You will receive your e-Visa results via the email address you supplied in the application form.
- Step 4: Upon arrival, have your visa stamped in your passport.
Requirements for Turkey visa for Uganda passport holders
- Traveling for pleasure or for business.
- Have a legitimate Supporting Document (Valid visa OR valid residence permit from one of the Schengen Countries, USA, UK or Ireland). As a supporting document, e-visas are not accepted.
- A round-trip ticket on Turkish Airlines, Pegasus Airlines, Onur Air, or Atlasglobal Airlines
- Possess a passport that is valid for at least 6 months from the date of intended entry into Turkey and have at least two blank pages for entry/exit stamps.
- Maintain a return ticket, a hotel reservation, and at least $50 every day of stay.
3. Cost of Turkey visit visa for Ugandan citizens
When applying for a Turkey visa, you must pay a Turkey Visa Fee, regardless of the purpose of your intended travel.
The Turkey e-Visa fee is necessary to pay the costs associated with the processing of your application. The cost of a Turkey e-Visa is determined by your nationality, the purpose of your travel, and whether you require an e-visa or a sticker visa to enter Turkey.
- Governments fee: The costs for a Turkish e-visa depend on the nationality of the applicant.
- Visa service fee: This is the charge paid by the visa applicant for the service. It includes advising you on the Turkey e-Visa/ETA, supplying the necessary papers, reviewing your application, and informing you of the outcome of your application. We will acquire your e-Visa/ETA from the Turkey government and email it to you so that you may print it before arriving at the ports of Turkey. (At airports, borders, and seaports).
Turkish processing time to apply
At GIS, we provide customers with 03 service levels, corresponding to 03 different visa processing speeds.
Depending on how urgent you want to get visa approval to enter Turkey, you will pay the corresponding service fee.
- Normal visa: You need to wait for 03 business days to get the approval visa.
- Urgent Visa: With this type of service, you can expect to get a Turkey e visa within 24 business hours
- Super Urgent: This is the fastest visa service we offer. You can get a Turkey visa within 05 business hours if you choose this service.
4. Turkey visa for Ugandan citizens FAQs
Refer to some frequently asked questions, related to the topic of Turkey visa requirements for Uganda passport holders.
Do Ugandan children require a visa to travel to Turkey?
Yes, children of Ugandan citizens require visas to enter Turkey. To obtain a Turkey visa, Uganda passport holders must provide their child's birth certificate.
Is it possible for a Ugandan citizen to enter Turkey without a visa?
No, it isn’t. Ugandan citizens are required to get a Turkey visa in order to enter Turkey.
What is the validity of the Turkey visa?
The electronic visa is valid for a maximum of 6 months from the date of entrance. Also, it allows a single entry or multiple entries and a maximum stay of 90 days depending on the type of e-Visa you choose.
Why choose the Turkey visa service at GIS?
GIS is an expert in the subject of immigration services in Turkey. Our advisers, who are well-versed in Turkey e-Visa rules and regulations, will assess your visa application and assure you of a visa solution that is precisely customized to your individual visa requirements.
In addition, GIS allows you to save a significant amount of time while applying for a Turkey travel visa.
Hope that all of the Turkey visas for Ugandans have been clarified and that your question about 'How to apply for a Turkey visa from Uganda has been addressed.
If you have any questions regarding this issue or would like to schedule a Turkey e-visa service, please contact us by chat, hotline phone number, or online form.