Scroll down to see the latest update on Turkey visa requirements for South African citizens
Turkey has become an ideal destination for vacations of many travelers thanks to its rich culture, architecture, scrumptious cuisine, dramatic landscapes, and shopping galore. That is the reason why Turkey is becoming a favorite amongst South African travelers.
In this article, we will provide you with the latest information about Turkey visa requirements for South Africa as well as the cost. By reading this information, South African nationals are ready for a trip to Turkey in the near future.
1. Turkey visa requirements for South African citizens
The Turkish Government currently issues e-Visas to citizens of more than 90 countries and South Africa is one of them. Nowadays, South African passport holders no longer need to visit the Turkish embassy. In exchange, you can apply online and have your e-Visa in a faster way.
What is Turkey e-Visa?
In 2013, the Turkish government launched an electronic visa (which is called Turkey e-Visa). This is an easy online visa system that issues an e-Visa instead of the old “sticker visa”.
With the eVisa, the applicants no longer go to local embassies or wait in line at the airport to obtain a visa.
The applicants just need to fill out the application form on the website and make online payments. Once the application is submitted, the visa will be emailed to the traveler.
The Turkish eVisa should be shown to airport and Turkish e-visa holders officials in Turkey and kept safe for the duration of the stay.
South African passport holders need a visa for Turkey
South African citizens need a Turkish visit visa to enter Turkey. For Turkey tourist visas, the maximum stay for South African nationals is 30 days in total, with multiple entries. This e visa is valid for 180 days from the day South Africans arrive in the country.
South African citizens can apply for an e-visa for tourism, sightseeing or commercial purposes.
Most of these visas do not give the holder the right to work or start engaging in any business activity in Turkey.
2. How to apply Turkey online visa for South African citizens
Applying for a Turkey eVisa by GIS services is easier than travelers may think. It should only take some minutes or less to complete filling in an online form.
There is also a professional support service that can assist you 24/7 in case you need help.
Step by step to apply Turkish e-Visa
South African citizens can get a Turkey tourist visa in 04 simple steps:
- Step 1: Fill out the safe online application form . In this step, you need to provide such information as visa details (number of visa, type of visa, the processing time), and personal information (Full name, Date of birth, Nationality, Passport number, Date of arrival/departure).
- Step 2: Making online payments for e visa service. You should double-check all the information provided in the previous step, since any errors may result in a delay in the application process. There are 02 payment methods: electronic transactions (Visa, Master Card, PayPal or American Express) or wire transfer (HSBC transaction) for the visa processing fee.
- Step 3: Wait for the result of your e visa. The Turkish e-visa will be processed and issued electronically and sent to you via email.
- Step 4: On arrival, have your visa stamped in your passport.
Besides, South African citizens can also apply for a visa at the Turkish embassy in South Africa, as the traditional way.
South African nationals must make sure they fulfill the eVisa requirements set by the Turkish government. So, the processing is quick and smooth. Here are some documents that South African applicants need to prepare:
- A South African passport is valid for at least 06 months from the arrival date in Turkey.
- A valid email address to receive the visa
- Debit or credit card, to pay the visa processing.
In addition, South African applicants need to have a stable internet connection and connected internet devices such as a smartphone, a tablet, or a computer to fill in the application form.
Tracking Turkey visa status
GIS provides a feature to “ check visa status ” for customers using its Turkey visa service. Customers fill in their visa information according to the form, within 30 minutes, the processing results will be emailed.
3. What is the processing time and cost of a Turkey visa?
The Turkish visa processing time and service fees are common concerns for all travelers to apply. Do not worry, Turkey visa service at GIS is quickly affordable. We provide three different processing times with different fees:
- Normal service: You can get the approval of the visa in 03 business days
- Urgent Visa: This service is for those who would like to get a Turkey visa within 24 hours.
- Super urgent: If you pay a higher fee for this service, you can expect to receive an e visa within 05 business hours.
Visa fee for Turkey for South African citizens includes a visa service fee. The Government Fee is free to South African nationals.
In addition, South Africans can add a small fee for travel insurance which helps you feel more secure during your journey. It offers a lot of benefits for medical services and transportation.
Hope the above article has brought you the necessary information Turkey visa requirements for South African citizens. If you want to book our services, please contact us to support you fastest. Online 24/7 by platform website, chat, hotline and email is available for you.