Turkey E-Visa for Sri Lankan Citizens - Visa Fees Dec 2023
- 1. Check Turkey visa requirements for Sri Lanka residents
- 2. Can Sri Lankan apply for an e-visa in Turkey?
- 3. Turkey e-Visa fee for Sri Lanka citizens
- 5. Turkey tourist visa FAQs
Turkey boasts a rich culture and history, as well as the spectacular natural beauty that will melt the hearts of first-time tourists. Many Sri Lankans want to visit Turkey in the future to meet the kind and lovely natives, appreciate the amazing landscapes and architecture, ride a hot air balloon and enjoy the fairytale-like sceneries.
Let us first learn how to obtain a Turkey visa for Sri Lankan citizens and what conditions must be met.
1. Check Turkey visa requirements for Sri Lanka residents
Sri Lanka is not on the exempted country list for a Turkey visa, so a Turkey visa for Sri Lanka citizens is required.
What is a Turkish e-visa?
The Turkish government introduced the Turkey e-Visa for the first time in 2013. This is a travel authorization document that nationals from more than 90 countries can obtain online in order to enter Turkey.
The online Turkey visa is valid for 180 days from the date of entry. As a result, tourists can enter Turkey at any moment throughout that timeframe. Sri Lankan visitors can stay in Turkey for up to 30 days with only a single entry.
Type of Turkish e-Visa for Sri Lanka citizens
The Turkey tourist e-Visa permits Sri Lankans to visit Turkey for tourism, sightseeing, or short-term business excursions.
Sri Lankan tourists just need to fill out the apply for a Turkey eVisa form to apply for various types of visas such as work visas and student visas.
2. Can Sri Lankans apply for an e-visa in Turkey?
Sri Lankans can apply for a Turkish visa from Sri Lanka or anywhere in the world as long as they have access to the internet.
Visa applicants should prepare all relevant documents as well as permitted payment methods in order to have a high visa acceptance rate.
Documents required to apply for Turkey Tourist Visa
Sri Lankan citizens who satisfy the following criteria can apply for a Turkey e-Visa:
- A genuine Supporting Document (Valid visa OR valid residence permit from one of the Schengen Countries, USA, UK, or Ireland). E-visas are not recognized as supporting documents.
- A Sri Lanka passport is valid for at least six months from the date of entry in Turkey and has at least two blank pages for verification.
- A flight ticket back.
- Reservations for hotels.
Step by step to apply for Tourist e-Visa to Turkey from Sri Lanka
- Step 1: Go to Turkey's E-Visa website and click "Apply for visa" Applicants from Sri Lanka must include their visa information as well as their complete personal information (Full name, Date of birth, Nationality, Passport number). Before proceeding to the next step, double-check that all of the information you supplied is valid. Any errors or mismatched facts may cause your visa application to be delayed or even denied.
- Step 2: Pay the service charge for your Turkey visa online after double-checking. To pay the charge, you can use an electronic transaction (Visa, Master Card, PayPal, or American Express) or a wire transfer (HSBC transaction).
- Step 3: Receive your e-visa results via the email address provided in the application form.
- Step 4: Save your e-Visa. You should carry your e-visa with you as a soft copy (tablet PC, smartphone, etc.) or a hard copy in case passport check officials at ports of entry request it. Get your visa stamped into your passport on arrival.
3. Turkey e-Visa fee for Sri Lanka citizens
To apply for a visa online, you must pay two (2) types of Turkey visa fees: the Service Fee and the Government Fee. If you utilize urgent service to obtain a visa faster, the fee will be higher.
We also recommend that you think about the relatively low cost of travel insurance. It will make your trip more secure and will help with medical benefits if something unforeseen happens while you are in Turkey.
Processing time to apply for Turkish online visa
All normal Turkey e-visa applications are rapidly processed. Applicants from Sri Lanka can anticipate how long their visa will come in their email inbox or check the visa status on the website.
- Normal visa service: Sri Lankans can get a visa to Turkey in three working days.
- Urgent Visa: This visa service is designed for persons who require a Turkey visa within 24 hours.
- Super urgent: Sri Lankans may expect to obtain their e-visa within 05 business hours if they use this service.
5. Turkey tourist visa FAQs
Find out more frequently asked questions about applying for a visa to Turkey from Sri Lanka.
How can I follow the status of my Turkish visa application?
Turkey visa applications may be tracked using the "Check status" tool.
Is it required for me to arrive in Turkey on the exact day mentioned in my application?
No. It is not mandatory to enter Turkey on the given day. Entry is authorized at any moment throughout the visa's validity period.
Can Sri Lankans enter Turkey without a visa?
No. Sri Lankans who intend to visit Turkey for a short period of time (up to 30 days) must get a Turkish e-Visa. If Sri Lankans want to stay in Turkey for an extended period of time, they must apply for a new visa through the Turkish Embassy.
Thank you for taking the time to read this article. We hope you have a better understanding of Turkey visa requirements for Sri Lankan citizens after reading all the above information.
If you want to use GIS's visa service, don't hesitate to contact our support team. Continuous 24/7 via chat channels, hotline, and email are available for you.