Turkey e-Visa requirements for Filipino citizens
Turkey has a rich culture and history, coupled with breathtaking scenic spots that melt the hearts of first-time visitors. Many Filipino residents plan to visit Turkey in the future to meet the warm and beautiful locals, enjoy the breathtaking landscapes and architecture, and while you’re at it – go ride a hot air balloon and enjoy the fairytale-like vistas.
Let’s get to know first how to get a Turkey Tourist Visa for Filipino citizens and what requirements to apply.
1. Check Turkey visa requirements for Filipino residents
The Philippines is not on the exempt country list for Turkey visa, so a Turkey visa for Filipino citizens is required.
What is Turkish e-visa?
The Turkey e-Visa launched for the first time in 2013 by the Turkish Government. This is a travel authorization document that nationalities of over 90 countries can apply for online to enter Turkey.
The Turkey visa online is valid for 180 days from the arrival date. So, travelers can enter Turkey at any time within that period.
The length of time that Filipino travelers can stay in Turkey is up to 30 days, and Filipinos can enter Turkey once.
Type of Turkish e-Visa for Filipino citizens
The Turkey tourist visa allows Filipino citizens to enter Turkey for such purposes as tourism, sightseeing, or short-term business trips. To apply for other types of visa such as work visa, student visa, Filipino travelers need to visit the Turkey Embassy in Philippines.
2. Can a Filipino apply for an e-visa in Turkey?
Filipino citizens can apply for a Turkish visa from the Philippines or anywhere, as long as there is an internet connection.
In order to have a high visa approval rate, visa applicants should prepare all the necessary documents as well as approved payment methods.
Documents required to applying for Turkey Tourist Visa
Filipino citizens can apply for Turkey e-Visa if they meet these conditions listed below:
- A valid Supporting Document (Valid visa OR valid residence permit from one of the Schengen Countries, USA, UK or Ireland). As a supporting document, e-visas are not accepted.
- A Filipino passport that is valid for at least 06 months from the arrival date in Turkey, and it should have at least 02 blank pages for verification.
- A return ticket.
- Hotel reservations.
Step by step guide to apply Tourist visa to Turkey from Philippines
- Step 1: Visit Turkey’s E-Visa application website and click “Apply visa”. Filipino applicants are required to enter the visa details and the exact personal information (Full name, Date of birth, Nationality, Passport number). Before entering the next step, you should make sure all the information you provided is correct. Any mistakes or unmatched details may result in the delay or even the denial of your visa application.
- Step 2: Make the online payment for your Turkey visa service fee. You can use electronic transactions (Visa, Master Card, PayPal or American Express) or wire transfer (HSBC transaction) to pay for the fee.
- Step 3: Complete the Application Form and Check Your Email or tracking Visa status at function “Check status”
- Step 4: Download your e-Visa.
You should keep your e visa with you either as a soft copy (tablet PC, smart phone, etc.) or as a hard copy in case Passport control officers at ports of entry require it.
Tracking the Turkish tourist visa
Turkey visa application service GIS provides customers with the function of checking visa status.
If you are a GIS customer, you will have an account to access this feature. Just fill in your visa registration information in the form, and you will receive a notification about your visa status via email.
3. Turkey e-Visa fee for Filipino citizens
To apply for a visa online, you have to pay two (02) kinds of Turkey visa fee, which are the Service Fee and Government Fee. If you use urgent service to get a visa faster, you will pay 1 service fee more.
Also, we advise you to consider the small cost of travel insurance. It will make your trip more secure and support medical benefits when unexpected incidents occur while you are in Turkey.
4. Processing time
All standard Turkey e-visa applications are processed quickly. Filipino applicants can expect your visa to arrive in their email's inbox or check the visa status on the website.
- Normal visa service: Filipino nationals can obtain a visa to Turkey within 03 working days.
- Urgent Visa: This visa service is for people who need a Turkey visa within 24 hours.
- Super urgent: With this type of service, Filipino citizens can expect to receive their e visa within 05 business hours.
5. Turkey tourist visa FAQs
Find out more frequently asked questions about applying for a visa to Turkey from the Philippines.
How can I track my Turkish visa application?
Turkey visa application can be tracked at function “Check status”.
Is it necessary to enter Turkey on the precise day specified in my application?
No. It is not necessary to enter Turkey on the precise day specified. Entry is permitted at any time throughout the validity duration of the visa.
Can Filipino citizens visit Turkey without a visa?
No. Filipino citizens who want to visit Turkey on a short day (maximum is 30 days) need a Turkish e-Visa. If Philippines residents wish to stay in Turkey for long-term stays must apply for a different visa through the Turkish Embassy.
Thank you for taking the time to read this article. We hope you have a better understanding of Turkey visa requirements for Filipino citizens after reading all above information.
If you want to use Turkey visa service, don't hesitate to contact our support team. Continuous 24/7 via chat channels, hotline, email are available for you.