Turkey e-Visa for Indian citizens - Requirements and Fees
Turkey is famous for a rich history, traditions, and incredible heritage. It has become a sought-after destination for international travelers and a favorite place of Indian citizens.
Now, Turkey is offering electronic visa processing systems which allow Indians to obtain a visa to enter the country in just a matter of a few hours.
In this article, GIS will provide all the necessary details about the Turkey visa requirements for Indians and how to apply for it easily.
1. Check Turkey e-Visa requirements for Indian citizens
India is not in the exempt country list for Turkey visa, so Turkey visa for Indian citizens is required. All Indian citizens or residents wishing to visit Turkey for a brief period can apply for the Turkey e-visa.
What is Turkey e-Visa?
The Turkish e-Visa or electronic visa is an electronic travel authorization, which was launched in 2013 by the Turkish Government.
By using a Turkey visit e-Visa, applicants can enter Turkey as a tourist for a short trip. Turkish e-Visa allows the e-Visa holders to visit Turkey as a tourist or for business/trade purposes.
This implies that you can go to seminars, exhibits, cultural activities, sporting events, visit friends or relatives, and visit tourist locations in Turkey.
Type of Turkish visa for Indian citizens
Type of Turkey e-Visa for Indians is e-Tourist Visa. It is valid for 180 days from the arrival date, allowing Indian nationals to stay in the country up to 30 days, with a single entry. This visa is used for tourism and commercial purposes.
2. How to apply for a Turkey Visa for Indian citizens?
The visa application form for Turkey is straightforward. You can easily apply for a Turkey visa from India or anywhere as long as you have a device with an internet connection.
Follow 04 step below for the flow of apply:
- Step 1: Apply Turkey in an online form at “Apply visa”. This form requires you to add such information as visa details (number of visa, type of visa, the processing time), and personal information (Full name, Date of birth, Nationality, Passport number, Date of arrival/departure).
- Step 2: Pay the visa fee online. There are 02 payment methods you can choose from: electronic transactions (Visa, Master Card, PayPal or American Express) or wire transfer (HSBC transaction) to pay for the visa processing fee.
- Step 3: Get your Turkey visit visa via email.
- Step 4: You will be given a visa that will be stamped in your passport.
Once receiving your e visa, you should print a copy and bring it with you when traveling to Turkey. In some cases, the immigration officers may request you to present it upon your arrival in Turkey.
Otherwise, you can apply for a regular visa at Turkey Embassy in India.
Tracking Turkey visa status
Indian passport holders can check visa status at function “Check status”. This is a utility exclusively for GIS customers.
When you want to check the visa progress, you can access it. Here, enter the required information. Within 30 minutes, your visa progress will be emailed to you.
3. Documents required for Turkey visa for Indians
To apply for a tourist visa to Turkey, Indian passport holders need the following documents:
- Valid Supporting Document (Valid visa OR valid residence permit from one of the Schengen Countries, USA, UK or Ireland).
- A valid passport. Your passport must be valid for at least 06 months from the date of your entry into Turkey, with at least 02 unused pages for verification stamps.
- Proof of confirmed hotel reservations, and a return flight ticket.
- Proof of your financial situation in order to sustain yourself financially for at least $50 per day of stay.
- A valid email to receive a Turkey e visa.
4. Turkey visa fee for Indian citizens
The cost of a Turkey visa for Indian passport holders depends on the visa service you choose. There are 02 fees included in the price of a Turkey visa, including the service fee and a government fee.
As for the service fee, it is understood as the fee you pay to GIS for advice, assistance in filling out information as well as other procedures until the visa is approved.
The government fee is the mandatory amount you have to pay to the Turkey Government for your online visa application.
Processing time to apply
- Normal service: This is the most used service pack. Customers will receive the visa after 03 working days.
- Urgent visa service: Customers will receive the e visa to Turkey within 24 hours.
- Super Urgent visa service: Customers will receive the visa in as soon as 05 business hours.
Of course, the more urgent the service package, the more money you have to pay.
Should I buy Travel Insurance for Turkey?
According to the Turkish visa requirements, travelers who visit Turkey need to have travel insurance. Travel insurance can help to protect you from little to big mishaps that could occur during your trip, providing financial security, and making the entire experience more enjoyable.
Hope the above article has given you a better understanding of Turkey visa requirements for Indians citizens. If you still have questions or concerns on this topic, please contact our support team for assistance. We provide completely free and continuous 24/7 assistance to you.