International Women’s Day
International Women’s Day has a long history dating back more than 100 years. In 1908, when 15,000 women protested in New York City demanding shorter working hours, better pay and the voting rights. A year later, on 28th February 1909, the Socialist Party of America celebrated the first National Woman's Day.
The idea of having an international day for women was suggested by Clara Zetkin – a German activist for women’s rights in 1910 at an International Conference of Working Women in Copenhagen. There were 100 women from many countries around the world had agreed on her suggestion in that conference. A year later, in 1911, 8th of March was first celebrated in Austria, Denmark, Germany and Switzerland. In 1917, Russian women protested for ‘Bread and Peace’ on 8th of March (on the Gregorian calendar) in the capital of the Russian Empire, Petrograd. This later marked the beginning of the February Revolution and the October Revolution made up the Russian Revolution.
In 1975, the United Nations officially recognized 8th of March as the International Women’s Day making the day celebrated annually worldwide to honor the achievements of women, promote women rights as well as gender parity.
With family, this meaningful day is also a chance for family members to show their love and appreciation to those women whom are wives, mothers and sisters for all the incredible things they have done for family as well as society.
Together join with the World to celebrate International Women’s day, we sincerely offer the special promotion with the code: WDAY20
Insert the Promo Code through The e-Visa application and service fee will be 40% OFF.
The program will end on March 31st 2020.
- Turkey Immigration Services recommends honeymoon destinations in Turkey
- An old friend in Turkey is missing you on Friendship day
- Love Is In The Air
- New Year - New Everything
- Wrap the old year with a bow - Start a new one with a bang
- Shocking sale on Black Friday
- Turkey & Azerbaijan - Where the continents collide
- Travel is better with friends. 35% e-Visa discount for you and your friends to travel the world
- PACK YOUR BACK BECAUSE SUMMER IS BACK!
- May the lovely festival of Easter brings you lots of joy, love and happiness.
- Happy Women’s Day - We are stronger together!
- Chinese new year: a blessing for everyone!
- Make Yourself Comfortable With This Amazing Gift
- Check out Our Mysterious Gift in this Halloween now
- Explore new places with 20% DISCOUNT now
- 20% off for making eVisa! Let's energize yourself now!
- This web browser will upgrade to TLS 1.1
- Traveling to Turkey? Read this first!
- Summer 2018 hot deal of eVISA
- Popular Turkish Food Dishes
- 8 Things You Can Only Buy in Turkey
- Sweet Promotion for Valentine’s Day only
- Apply Visa with cheap price in 2018
- BEST DEAL for 2017 holiday trip
- Big SALE on Black Friday – 17 Nov, 2017
- Great Discount for Halloween – Oct 31, 2017
- 10 Best Turkish Street Foods
- 5 Simple (Yet Little Known) Rules to Enjoy Turkish Coffee
- The great architect sinan (Koca Mimar Sinan)
- 10 Best Places to Visit in Turkey
- Top 10 Beaches In Turkey
- National Festivals in Turkey